Front End Developer
Compound Studio is a house of brands dedicated to building direct-to-consumer accessory brands that are marked by premium quality and impactful design
As Front End Developer, you will work with the creative and marketing departments to build, maintain, and optimize Shopify websites for our brands. With full flexibility to work remotely or from our office in downtown Toronto, you will join a dynamic team of creators inspired by fashion, design, and culture.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has extensive experience building custom Shopify themes.
- Is familiar with accessibility standards and compliance (WCAG).
- Is obsessed with writing well thought-out and easily maintained code.
- Stays up-to-date with emerging technologies and frameworks.
This is a full-time role. Applicants in Eastern Canada are preferred, although all applications will be considered.
To apply, send us an email with links to your work, and tell us why you’re excited for the role: [email protected]
Duties and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious individual to step into a new role as Photo Retoucher. This person will report directly to the Creative Director and assist the Creative and Production departments. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Product Photographer and third-party Content Creators to receive, retouch and manage all photographic assets.
- Ensure all third-party vendors meet our incredibly high standards for photography and retouching. When these standards are not met, you will find creative ways to bring necessary images up-to-speed, or work directly with the vendors to revise their work.
- Perform retouching and image processing (such as cropping and basic colour/exposure adjustments) across a wide array of photographic assets (editorial, e-commerce, on-white, etc).
- Organize, catalogue, and archive all incoming photography using Dropbox.
- Upload and manage product photography on our e-commerce platform.
- Assist with photoshoot production tasks such as booking locations and prop sourcing.
- Assist with on-set tasks such as setting up digital equipment, lighting and backdrops.
Infrequently, this position may require working outside of traditional office hours including nights and weekends.
- An extreme, almost obsessive eye for detail (this is critically important for success in this role).
- An impressive retouching portfolio with Before & After examples.
- Experience retouching a wide range of imagery, from editorial to product photography.
- A Degree or Diploma in Photography, courses in photo retouching, or 2-3 years of experience in the field.
- Expert at Adobe Photoshop with a focus on retouching skin and reflective surfaces.
- Proficient using Adobe Lightroom to build colour treatments and manage image libraries.
- An incredible eye for composition and cropping.
- A keen sense of colour and the ability to create stunning colour and black & white treatments.
- Photography skills and knowledge of DSLR cameras is an asset.
- Great written communication skills in the English language.
- A passion for art and design.
- An interest in and general knowledge of contemporary fashion brands.
- Commitment to long-term growth and learning opportunities.
Please send your portfolio and cover letter to [email protected], attn: Zack Vitiello.